PLAY YOUR PART
From the nutrition team to the walking school bus, our volunteers fill this school with love…and we couldn’t do it without them! If you are inspired by music and children, and have passion to spare, we would love to have you as part of the exceptional and committed team of people that make SJMA so special.
Administrative Aid Assistant
The Administrative Aid Assistant position at Saint James Music Academy is designed to help facilitate the operations of a donor-sponsored music school for hundreds of children in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside.
- Assist with events and fundraising administrative support
- Assist with mail-outs and promotional call-outs for the organization
- Help with special events organizing for the big concerts that highlight the Academy’s achievements
- Would be an asset if familiar with CRM programs and/or fundraising, development experience
Operations and/or Reception Assistant
The Operations and/or Reception Assistant position at Saint James Music Academy is designed to help facilitate the operations of a donor-sponsored music school for hundreds of children in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside.
- Work alongside the Operations Manager to ensure the smooth operations of the program
- Helping setup and put away before and after the program
- Helping students get to and from their different classes
- Assisting with instrument needs if students forget their instruments
- Providing coverage and spelling off other staff at the reception desks
Music Class Assistant
The Music Class Assistant position at Saint James Music Academy is a hands on experience working with children in a donor-sponsored music program in a low-income neighbourhood.
- Work alongside classroom music teachers assisting with choir, orchestra, theory, or group instrument classes based on your musical abilities
- Helping setup and put away before and after each class
- If interested and capable, working one-on-one with students providing music lessons on a focus instrument
Nutrition Program Assistant
The Nutrition Program at Saint James Music Academy provides healthy meals to hundreds of children who attend a donor-sponsored music program in a low-income neighbourhood in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside.
- Work together with our Nutrition Coordinator and other volunteers to prepare and serve hundreds of creative and healthy meals to the students at SJMA
- Process incoming food donations to be preserved and stored for use in upcoming meals
Walking School Bus Assistant
Walking School Bus is a position designed to transport children from school to an after-school music program at Saint James Music Academy.
- Meet children as they leave Strathcona Elementary School
- Help co-lead (with one other adult) a small group of children as they walk
- Help them safely navigate the neighbourhood streets from their school to SJMA (a 4-block walk)